Sunday, June 29, 2008

Lies From The Pit

Filling out the immigration forms at about 5:00 AM this morning on the plane and it hit me...I don't have an address. I have been using Mom and Dad's but they moved while I was in Argentina, so needless to say I didn't know it. This is ok. It's my life, how it has been and probably will be for a while. There was more to it for me though. It was the beginning of a day that Satan saw as a day of opportunity to ruin me, I knew that. He wanted to remind me that so much of my life is uncertain, and weird, and not normal. I am not "on track" to have the normal American house, car, family, career. Fears, worries, doubts, all are such thieves. As I began to pray through approaching these 2 days at home alone, I started to think about how many huge things can happen during times of isolation, both victories and defeats. I know that life is meant to live in community. However, there are to be times alone as well. Most days I cheer and do cartwheels over the opportunity to have these moments alone, being the introvert that I am (ISFJ for all the personality testing fans out there). For some reason, He let me know ahead of time, that I was about to head into some critical hours. I got off the plane, found the car that had been left for me, and found the place that my parents moved into that I had never seen...and was very, very, alone. That is what Satan wanted me to think. Truth vs. Lies, constantly. It is a series of decisions throughout the day...are you going to believe Christ and His truth and His promises or are you going to buy into the world and the falsehood and the empty promises. From the moment you get up til the moment you fall asleep you will be plagued by these choices. To think that we can walk in the manner that He would have us to on our own is so extremely ignorant and arrogant. Are you going to take the next blind step forward in faith? Or are you going to pack it up and go home. If you do not choose to spend time in the Word, talking with Jesus, and listening to Him talk, you will get eaten alive, end of story. Satan is good at what he does. He will lie to you, and if you do not have the Truth of Christ to compare and rule out the garbage you will buy into it. The stakes are high. Oh how we must cling to Him for, HIS wisdom.

"His divine power has given us EVERYTHING we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness.Through these He has given us His very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires."
1 Peter 1:3-4

No comments: