Monday, July 7, 2008

Weekend Events

What a great weekend! Saturday we went and spent time in a village in another state, the people live in grass huts. There was an accident 2 weeks ago and 9 of the huts were burned. The people were so sad because they lost their Bibles in the accident, they said that 15 were lost. I was able to share my testimony and speak for a while. There is one lady that is the first Christian in the village and she is losing her eyesight, she is such a strong woman, it was a blessing to have the opportunity to pray with her, not only for her eyesight but for her continued growth in the Lord.

Yesterday church was awesome, the rocks won't be crying out on the Indians behalf anytime soon :) Pass the tambourine! I loved listening to their praises in Hindi...I think that will be one of my favorite parts of heaven, hearing all of the worship in the different languages...AMAZING!?!?

Last night we went and spent some time with some Nepali people. Its crazy how many different people groups are in and around here...I was stoked because I knew that I would be semi close to Nepal, (in the grand scheme of the globe) when I found out i was coming here, I don't know why, but it has always been a country on my list of maybe's, that seems so ridiculous to type, as if my list matters, we'll see where God sends me...ANYWAYS, they were beautiful people. Gentle, and kind. I don't know if they could be called refugees but they came to India because there is more opportunity here for them (can't even IMAGINE what Nepal must be like then). I seem to find myself with the people groups that have picked up and gone to a different country in hopes of something more for themselves and their families :)

Went to school today, the teachers are busy preparing their classrooms and lesson plans for the kiddos that are coming. I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET ALL OF THE KIDS!?!?! The school is so incredibly unapologetically Christian. LOVE IT! The most amazing part is that it reaches, orphans, Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, all there learning about our Savior and what He did for them. They are looking for a third grade teacher for this year...interesting huh?

No comments: